San Diego Unified school police arrest man suspected of sexual battery against

San Diego Unified school police arrest man suspected of sexual battery against

first_img June 1, 2018 KUSI Newsroom SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — The San Diego Unified School District School Police Department arrested an individual Friday afternoon in connection with an incident involving a student at Bell Middle School.A female student told school officials a man chased her as she walked to school Friday morning at approximately 7:30 a.m.The student told school police that a man grabbed her and exposed himself before she was able to break free and make it to campus. School officials immediately contacted School Police.While investigating the case, School Police located the suspect at a nearby fast-food restaurant, taking him into custody without incident around 12:50 p.m.The 26-year-old male suspect is being booked into county jail on charges of sexual battery, indecent exposure, false imprisonment and annoying or molesting a child.“This arrest is the result of the outstanding police work by Chief Mike Marquez and the entire School Police force. We are grateful for their quick action and commitment to keeping our students safe,” said Superintendent Cindy Marten KUSI Newsroom, Posted: June 1, 2018 San Diego Unified school police arrest man suspected of sexual battery against student at Bell Middle School Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

READ MORE
VIDEO Watch Families Sing Christmas Carols To Wilmington First Responders

VIDEO Watch Families Sing Christmas Carols To Wilmington First Responders

first_imgWILMINGTOn, MA — Several families visited the Wilmington Public Safety Building on Friday, December 21 to serenade the town’s police officers and firefighters with Christmas carols. Organizers wanted to show support for the sacrifices Wilmington’s public safety officials make throughout the year, especially during the holiday season.Watch a few songs, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television, below:——Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedPSA: Wilmington Police Offer Free Child Safety Seat Installs & Inspections Every WednesdayIn “Videos”VIDEO: Learn About The New Wilmington Police Explorers ProgramIn “Videos”Wilmington Police Chief Joe Desmond & Deputy Police Chief Brian Pupa Sworn InIn “Police Log”last_img read more

READ MORE

Twitter testing feature that will let you hide replies to your tweets

first_img 0 If you ever get frustrated by inane and even toxic replies degrading the value of your tweets, or even hijacking the thread completely, Twitter might have a solution for you.The social networking company on Thursday confirmed it’s developing a “Hide Tweet” feature that lets users protect their conversations by hiding individual replies to tweets. The “Hide Tweet” option was discovered in code for the Twitter Android app by Jane Manchun Wong, who tweeted about her findings on Thursday. “Twitter is testing replies moderation,” Wong tweeted Thursday morning. “It lets you to hide replies under your tweets, while providing an option to show the hidden replies.” The feature could help improve the health and civility of conversations on Twitter, which has come under fire multiple times in recent years for not doing enough to combat harassment on the platform. A study last year even found that the site is a “toxic place” especially for female journalists and politicians.Twitter representatives didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment, but Michelle Yasmeen Haq, a senior program manager at Twitter discussed the new feature this afternoon in a thread on her personal Twitter account.”People who start interesting conversations on Twitter are really important to us, and we want to empower them to make the conversations they start as healthy as possible by giving them some control,” Haq wrote in a tweet explaining the feature.”We already see people trying keep their conversations healthy by using block, mute, and report, but these tools don’t always address the issue,” she said. “With this feature, the person who started a conversation could choose to hide replies to their tweets. The hidden replies would be viewable by others through a menu option.”The feature’s transparency will also allow the community to recognize and call out people who use the feature to hide content they disagree with, she said. Haq said Twitter plans to begin testing the feature in the coming months. Share your voice Twitter is testing replies moderation. It lets you to hide replies under your tweets, while providing an option to show the hidden replies pic.twitter.com/dE19w4TLtp— Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) February 28, 2019 Internet Tech Industry Tags Post a comment Twitterlast_img read more

READ MORE

Tata Zest Spotted on Test Launch Soon

first_imgTata Motors’s upcoming sedan Zest has been spied testing in India again, suggesting the imminent launch of the car.Tata Zest, a car which was first showcased at the country’s biggest automobile extravaganza, Delhi Auto Expo in February is expected to make its domestic auto market entry in near future. The car has made numerous appearances on the cyber space through spied images and reports, now the Motoroids has posted the spied images of the car which was seen testing in Pune.Zest, the first sedan in India with Automated Manual Transmission (AMT), will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants. The petrol version of the Zest will be powered by a 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine under the hood, which can churn out a power of 85 PS at 5000 RPM and a peak torque of 140Nm 1750-3000 RPM.The diesel model will come with a 1.3 litre Quadrajet motor, which can generate 90 PS power at 4000 RPM and 200Nm torque at 1750-3000 RPM. The car is expected to come with features like new front grille, projector headlamps, steering wheel and dash board.The auto lovers are also expecting the launch of Tata’s premium hatchback Bolt in the country. Bolt will also pack the same 1.2 litre, four-cylinder, turbocharged Revotron engine and the 1.3 litre diesel engine, and will churn out the same power and torque. Bolt was spied testing in India recently. It is speculated to come with a new audio system that features MapMyIndia GPS, touchscreen and voice commands, center console, infotainment system, electric power steering in place of the Vista’s hydraulic unit, projector headlamps and LED tail lamps.Even though Tata is still silent on the launch date and the availability of the Zest and Bolt in the subcontinent market, the company’s exclusive websites for both the cars are live from Monday (24 March).last_img read more

READ MORE
US accuses Russia of breaching Cold Warera treaties

US accuses Russia of breaching Cold Warera treaties

first_imgUS president Donald Trump (L) and Russia`s president Vladimir Putin. Photo: AFPThe United States on Thursday accused Moscow of openly breaching Cold War-era treaties by developing what Russian President Vladimir Putin called a new generation of “invincible” hypersonic weapons and submarines.Putin unveiled the new arsenal earlier Thursday in a state of the nation address, challenging Washington to a new arms race ahead of a presidential election that will all but certainly confirm his grip on power.Putin left his usual Kremlin perch to this year speak from a nearby exhibition center-allowing him to show a series of video montages of missiles crossing mountains and oceans, heading over the Atlantic before striking the US eastern seaboard.He quoted a speech he gave in 2004, vowing that Russia would develop a new generation of weaponry, a promise that he said he has now fulfilled.“No one really wanted to talk to us basically. No one listened to us then. Listen to us now,” Putin said, prompting a standing ovation from the audience of top officials, lawmakers and celebrities.He presented Russia’s military efforts as a response to recent actions by the United States, which last month unveiled plans to revamp its own nuclear arsenal and develop new low-yield atomic weapons.‘Cheesy’ attack video -The State Department expressed outrage at Putin’s presentation and his “cheesy” animated video of warheads over US soil-and said the Russian leader had confirmed long-held allegations about his program.“It was certainly unfortunate to have watched the video animation that depicted a nuclear attack on the United States,” spokeswoman Heather Nauert told reporters.“That’s something that we certainly didn’t enjoy watching. We don’t regard that as the behavior of a responsible international player,” she added.“President Putin has confirmed what the United States government has known for a long time but that Russia has denied prior to this,” she added.“Russia has been developing destabilizing weapons systems for more than a decade in direct violation of its treaty obligations.”Specifically, Nauert said that Moscow had proven itself in violation of the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF), through its development of ground-launched cruise missiles.The Pentagon reacted with more equanimity, with a spokesman insisting that the US military remains “fully prepared” to react to “anything that comes our way.”The United States has long accused Russia of breaching the INF treaty and, while it is modernizing its own nuclear arsenal, says that it remains in compliance with the terms of the Cold War accord.The spat came as relations between the powers lie frozen at levels not seen since the Cold War over the conflicts in Ukraine and Syria and accusations that Moscow interfered in the US presidential election in 2016.Also Thursday, the US formally approved the sale of Javelin anti-tank missiles to Ukraine, which is fighting a Russian-backed insurgency in the east of the country.The Defense Security Cooperation Agency said Ukraine has asked President Donald Trump’s US administration for permission to buy 210 missiles and 37 launchers at a cost of around $47 million‘Fantastic’ submarines -In a speech that ran almost two hours, Putin showed tests of a new missile system that he said could fly at 20 times the speed of sound and maneuver up and down, and is not owned by any other country.“This makes it absolutely invincible for any forms of air and missile defense,” he boasted, calling it an “ideal weapon.”Russia has also developed unmanned underwater devices that move much faster than submarines and torpedoes and can carry nuclear warheads, Putin said, adding: “It’s just fantastic!”Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu later said Russian arms would be able to “overcome all existing anti-missile systems” such as those the US intends to deploy in eastern Europe and South Korea.“This anti-missile ‘umbrella’ turns out to be a bit ‘leaky’,” he said in comments released by his ministry.Putin, who has led Russia for almost two decades and is seeking in the March 18 election a historic fourth Kremlin term that would extend his rule to 2024, also laid out a number of domestic measures in the speech.Putin has refused to take part in TV debates with other candidates, but the address suggested cutting poverty and improving the environment would be among the top goals of his expected new six-year term.‘Unacceptable’ poverty -The 65-year-old vowed to cut the country’s “unacceptable” poverty rate in half over six years, but said 22 million fewer Russians were now living below the poverty line than when he was first elected president.Putin, who coughed throughout the speech and was forced to pause to drink, was given an ecstatic reception in the hall during the televised address but some online comments were less complimentary.“The old man only perked up when he was talking about how he can destroy the world. A moment of truth!” former Kremlin advisor Gleb Pavlovsky said on social media.Despite Putin’s campaign promises when he returned to the Kremlin in 2012 after four years as prime minister, his last term was marked by a fall in living standards and Russia’s international isolation.Boosted by a slavish media and foreign military adventures such as the annexation of Crimea in 2014, his approval rating remains sky-high and official polls suggest he will take almost 70 percent of the vote on March 18.last_img
READ MORE
Art in schools get a pat on the back

Art in schools get a pat on the back

first_imgIf anyone thought that the talented artists could only be found in the art galleries – they could not be more wrong! The schools across the Capital are churning out brilliant artworks by not only students – but teachers as well.Here’s another feather in the cap for Chiranjiv Bharati School (Palam Vihar). Biplav Rej of Chiranjiv Bharati School-Palam Vihar (Art Department) was felicitated and awarded the prestigious Delhi State Award for his Scratch paintings in a glittering function on 19 September.Celebrating the works of the artist were a host of dignitaries and chief minister of Delhi Sheila Dikshit. The award was presented to him by Dikshit at Delhi Sachivalaya Auditorium. Rej received a shawl, certificate and a cheque for Rs.25000. The function was well attended by other artists as well.last_img read more

READ MORE
Bengaluru bound IndiGo flight returns to airport due to crack in windshield

Bengaluru bound IndiGo flight returns to airport due to crack in windshield

first_imgKolkata: An IndiGo flight bound for Bengaluru was forced to return back to the city airport soon after take off, due to a windshield crack on Sunday morning.The aircraft was carrying 178 passengers, all of whom were safe, confirmed an official of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) at Kolkata.According to a spokesperson of the AAI, the flight IndiGo 6E345, headed for Bengaluru, took off from Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport at around 10:15 am. However, at 10:34 am, it returned to Kolkata Airport after a crack was witnessed on the windshield.According to sources, Indigo claimed that following severe weather conditions at Kolkata on Sunday morning, the aircraft suffered a minor damage on the outer surface of windshield. The pilot decided to return back following the normal operating procedure. The passengers were accommodated in another Indigo flight.”The damaged windshield is undergoing replacement,” a source in the city airport said.last_img read more

READ MORE
Sabre cutting 900 jobs after 65 million loss

Sabre cutting 900 jobs after 65 million loss

first_imgTags: Profit Report, Sabre Share Sabre cutting 900 jobs after $6.5 million loss Wednesday, August 2, 2017 << Previous PostNext Post >> SOUTHLAKE, Texas — Sabre Corp. on Tuesday said it is cutting 9% of its global workforce to lower costs. It also reported a second-quarter loss of $6.5 million, compared with a profit the year before.Sabre, a provider of technology services to the travel industry, had 10,000 employees at the end of 2016, so the cuts amount to about 900 jobs.The job cuts are part of a cost-trimming and reorganization program that the company said will save $110 million a year.Southlake, Texas-based Sabre said it had a loss of 2 cents per share in the quarter that ended June 30. Adjusted for one-time gains and costs, results came to earnings of 35 cents per share, topping the average estimate of five analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research by 1 cent.Sabre said its revenue rose 6.6 per cent to $900.7 million in the period. Five analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $894 million.It expects full-year earnings in the range of $1.31 to $1.45 per share, with revenue in the range of $3.54 billion to $3.62 billion.More news:  Windstar celebrates record-breaking bookings in JulySabre’s stock added 2 per cent to $20.20 in after-hours trading. The shares closed down $2.32, or 10.5 per cent, to $19.81 Tuesday and have dropped 21 per cent since the beginning of the year. Source: The Associated Presslast_img read more

READ MORE
Saint Lucias Coconut Bay to slash prices following September refurbishment

Saint Lucias Coconut Bay to slash prices following September refurbishment

first_img Share Saint Lucia’s Coconut Bay to slash prices following September refurbishment Tuesday, September 4, 2018 Posted by Travelweek Group center_img << Previous PostNext Post >> Tags: Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, Saint Lucia VIEX FORT — In anticipation of its grand reopening following a US$5 million refurbishment, Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia will be slashing prices by as much as 70%.The Reopening Special Offer includes Premium All-Inclusive rates starting at $126 per person, per night, based on double occupancy, on bookings of five nights or more by Sept. 30, 2018. Rates apply to both the resort’s Splash family-friendly wing and its adults-only Harmony wing, for travel Oct. 1-31, 2018.Children under three stay for free, while kids ages 3-17 stay for $59 per night. There are no resort fees at the resort, and rates include all government taxes, gratuities and airport transfers from Hewanorra International Airport.Bookings of seven nights or more also include a $1,000 resort savings booklet redeemable for exclusive discounts on spa treatments, boutique purchases, photography services, island tours and more.Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa has closed its doors for the month of September for renovations, reopening on Oct. 1, 2018.More news:  Air Canada’s global sales update includes Managing Director, Canada & USA Sales“This year as we continue our slate of enhancements during Coconut Bay’s annual September closure, we are focusing on some major back-of-the-house modernizations that will positively affect our staff as well as the service they provide our guests,” says Mark Adams, CEO. “Of course, we continue to enrich our Premium All-Inclusive amenities that deliver the wow factor our guests have come to expect, from revamped menus for exciting new dining options to a redesigned look for our main Coconut Walk restaurant that is sure to be a guest favourite.”The planned enhancements include:New kitchens will be installed in two of the resort’s four à la carte specialty restaurants, plus the top-floor kitchen at Jerk Treehouse Restaurant will be expanded to meet demand for Caribbean favourites.The fourth floor of the family-friendly Splash wing will receive new awnings that provide shade to premium category rooms. The zero-entry Splash Pool will also be completely resurfaced, the Tiki Canopy will be expanded to the Splash Bar, and the oceanfront deck behind the Activity Pool will be replaced to accommodate additional loungers and future private parties.As part of its ongoing commitment to sea turtle conservation, the resort will be expanding its ‘Skip The Straw, Save A Turtle’ initiative to the adults-only Harmony Pool Bar and the Splash Pool Swim-up Bar.The Cove, the resort’s expansive outdoor dining and entertainment venue, will receive a new roof.Upgrades at the 11,000 square-foot oceanfront Kai Mer Spa include new décor, paint and enhanced changing rooms.A new duty-free retail jewelry store will open in the lobby, next to the 24-hour Coffee and Tea Corner.More news:  Transat calls Groupe Mach’s latest offer “highly abusive, coercive and misleading”For more information go to cbayresort.com or call 1-877-252-0304.last_img read more

READ MORE