Watch: SWEL Trials WEC Technology at LiR

first_img<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>Sea Wave Energy Ltd. (SWEL) recently tested its technology at the LiR National Ocean Test Facility in Cork, Ireland as part of the Fast Tracked Product Development phase of the ProtoAtlantic project. During the trials in Cork, SWEL completed its tests and obtained data and readings from its WEC model, the Waveline Magnet 10.The model was put through its paces at the facilities, gathering data regarding its performance, behaviour and interaction with the waves.Reportedly, the results showed that the Waveline Magnet is set to make a huge contribution to the wave energy arena.In terms of future development, SWEL has already started the construction of a larger model (WM 11) representing an estimated scale 1:30, to be tested in early 2020. This will allow SWEL to confirm the scaled up commercial viability of the Waveline Magnet before moving onto commercial implementation.SWEL’s Chrysostomos (Tommy) Zakheos, said: “ProtoAtlantic is a valuable platform that has enriched our development efforts, facilitating a straightforward route for gaining access to the facilities and expertise required to grow. The whole ProtoAtlantic experience was both educational and constructive, setting a solid milestone on the road towards commercialization.”Source: ProtoAtlanticlast_img read more

READ MORE

Other Sports Ryan Lochte, US Swimmer, eyes redemption in 2020 Tokyo Olympics after turbulent three years

first_img San Francisco: A rejuvenated Ryan Lochte returned to competitive swimming for the first time in more than a year on Wednesday, insisting he was a changed man as he targets a medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Lochte, who turns 35 on Saturday, booked his place at the US Olympic trials after clocking 1min 57.88sec in the 200 medley at the US National Championships in Palo Alto. Although the time was nearly four seconds slower than his world record, five-time Olympic gold medalist Lochte was happy with his performance as he sets out on the comeback trail after a turbulent three years.    Lochte was suspended from swimming for 10 months after the scandal at the 2016 Olympics when he was found to have fabricated a story about a robbery during a drunken late-night episode in Rio de Janeiro.    He was given a further 14-month ban last year by the US Anti-Doping Agency for taking a banned intravenous infusion of what he said were vitamins in May 2018.    Lochte, who underwent treatment for alcohol abuse in Florida last year, said Wednesday he could understand why fans might not have faith in him as he embarks on his comeback.    “That’s understandable, especially through the roller coaster I’ve been on,” Lochte told a press conference. “But right now I’m not trying to prove anything to anyone. I’m doing this for me and my family. I want to go to the 2020 Olympics, my fifth Olympics, and hopefully, get on the podium there. Everything I do from here in the pool and outside the pool is for my family.”     Lochte said he had sought treatment for alcohol abuse after deciding his life “needed a change”, adding that the birth of his son Caiden in 2017 and daughter Liv last month had given him a new outlook on life. “I checked myself into rehab. I did the classes, I got out, I did everything,” he said. “Since Caiden and my new daughter have been born I have a new perspective on life.    “And I’m definitely not the same person I was three years ago. I’m a different person. I’m just trying to be a different person. I’ve had a lot of ups and downs. I’m just here to race and have my goals set for 2020.” Ryan Lochte has won the gold medal five times.Lochte was suspended from swimming for 10 months after the late-night scandal at the 2016 Olympics.Lochte was given a further 14-month ban last year by the US Anti-Doping Agency for taking a banned substance. highlightscenter_img For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

READ MORE

Cucho’s Farewell: “Watford wants to count on me”

first_imgThe attacker narrates how the injury prevented him from being able to choose a club, despite the fact that, in the first instance, he did not lack proposals: “There was Espanyol, Betis, Valladolid … But after the injury almost everything fell and the only one left was Mallorca. Anyone does not do that, rarely in the First Division an injured player is hired and I am very grateful for that. “ The ‘Cucho’ Hernández has given an interview on the Toque Sports program in which he has practically confirmed that he will not continue in Mallorca and will return to Watford, club that owns him, to earn a place in the Premier League. “They have given me incredible confidence. I recently had the opportunity to renew and when you do it is because they want a project with you“, recognizes the forward.However, the Colombian footballer goes further and explains Watford’s plans with him: “They have let me know that they intend to count on me for next year. I’m not confirming anything, but there is that interest and that possibility of being there. I am very grateful and after several years belonging to Watford it is time to wear his shirt. Now I am in Mallorca, the injury cut everything and prevented me from seeing options. Mallorca was always there despite the operation“ Finally, he spoke of the U-20 World Cup in which he regrets not having been able to give his best level, despite scoring a hat-trick: “I was very frustrated for not being able to do what I wanted to demonstrate, although I had the opportunity to take part. Although we could go much further I have a good memory“last_img read more

READ MORE